Hunslet remembered
Back to top
W.E.Rawson Ltd., Top Mills, flock manufacturer
Hunslet Telephone Exchange
New Inn
Methodist Chapel and Sunday School
John King & Co., malleable iron founders
Congregational School and Church Institute
Birdsell & Sons, machine merchants
Parkside (Hunslet RLFC)
Mother Benson's End
Site of Hunslet Feast from 1954
Dewsbury Rd
Burton Rd
Middleton Railway
N
Scale one inch to about 110 yards
Clayton, Son & Co., Dartmouth Works, boiler makers
Sports ground
Garnet Road
1960s aerial view of Garnet Road. From left to right: Clayton's, John King, and Robinson & Birdsell
Image copyright of Leeds Library and Information Services
Newsagent at corner of Garnet Road and Dewsbury Road (Parkside Lane on right) Photo 1938
Image copyright of Leeds Library and Information Services
Parkside Lane
Three heavy industrial firms occupied the area to the east of Garnet Road. To the south was a largely open area and Hunslet's Parkside grounds. All of this was to change from the early 1970s when industry began to creep southwards. Hunslet RLFC sold its ground for industrial development in 1973.

The map below shows the street pattern in 1932.
Hover over Red circles to show places listed in a 1936 trade directory. Green circles show other interesting places, no matter when they were built.
Yellow circles denote pubs. Click on the Blue circle for more information about Hunslet RLFC.
 
Go to Hunslet Moor  map
Parkside
You are here: Home > Places > Parkside
.